The British Columbia Federation of Students seeks an outgoing, motivated Services Development Coordinator, based in New Westminster. The Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to enhance the Federation’s student discount program through the solicitation of meaningful discounts and coordination with affiliated students’ unions across BC.
Hours per Week: 30 (flexibility required)
Term: three-month term, target start date May 21 (depending on availability of successful candidate)
Compensation: $24.06 per hour
Affiliation: Federation staff are unionized with CUPE 2396
The Coordinator’s duties shall include:
- liaising with businesses offering discounts through participation in the Federation’s discount services in order to maximize the benefits realized for students;
- assisting in the development and implementation of a service provision strategy;
- developing and implementing strategies to raise awareness of Federation services;
- promoting Federation services;
- liaising with members through their local students’ unions for the purpose of determining service improvements and developing areas of emerging interest;
- assisting the directors and staff of the Federation in all aspects of campaign and services implementation; and
- engaging in collective office work.
- current knowledge of the aims of, and issues facing, the student movement in Canada and in British Columbia specifically;
- ability to meet deadlines;
- experience in services development and implementation;
- sales experience;
- excellent oral communication skills in English (Cantonese, Mandarin or Punjabi an asset);
- ability to function in a computerized (Macintosh) office environment; fluency with Adobe Creative Cloud an asset;
- ability to function in a fast-paced environment;
- willingness to travel extensively; driver’s license an asset.
The British Columbia Federation of Students is a unionized employer offering competitive salaries and benefits. Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified. No telephone or in-person inquiries please.
Due to requirements from the Canada Summer Jobs Program for funding for this position, applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age, and planning to attend school in the fall.
Please submit resume to: Hiring Committee, British Columbia Federation of Students, 207-245 East Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC V3L 3W4. Email: email@example.com